Saturday, October 30, 2010

Russel Brand's School of Vocabulary


This past Monday I followed an impulse to buy Russell Brand's autobiography, My Booky Wook, and it's so goody wood I can hardly stand it. It's a joyride. It's lighthearted. It's incandescent. It's naughty. It's a vocabulary lesson. I haven't whizzed through a book this fast in the longest time. Though I'm always reading it in close vicinity to dictionary.com, and I'm constantly pausing myself to look words up like vertiginous, pejorative, vitriolic and priapic. I love it! I'm always laughing and eager to learn a new word. It should always be this fun to learn stuff.
So, I've come up with a plan (that I'll start when I'm through with this blog post) to make learning vocabulary even more awesome. Since I've always entertained the thought of having a 'word of the day', and since I really could be putting more time into making art, I'm going to fill up my empty sketchbook with words and drawings to associate them with. This excites me. I'll post pictures of the fruits of my labor soon enough. For now, here's a picture of my inspiration :)

2 comments:

  1. Hola Chica! I have just spent a delightful amount of time reading all your blog postings and feel very happy to see what you have been up to! Chels, I love your writing! I love what you write about and how you express yourself. I feel like I am getting to know you on a whole different level, one that I like very much! I'll be popping in more often to stay up on things with you! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Madame! I had such a great time spending an evening with you and Uncle John in Oceanside this past week. I'd missed you, and I hope I can see you again sometime in the nearish future. I've been fantasizing about us collaborating on some sort of art project, so I think we should try and make that happen when we next meet up!
    Thanks so much for your amazingly kind words. They're encouraging :)
    It's kind of hard for me to write entries on a consistent and regular basis, since my inspiration is so sporadic, but I feel it coming back!

    Love and hugs right back!

    ReplyDelete