Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Love to Weave

Jewelery making is one of my new passions, I do declare! I was walking around Michael's the other day with the intention of buying a compass and a new pencil sharpener, when a spool of multi-colored hemp string caught my eye. It excited me, and I felt compelled to buy it, so I did. I googled "how to weave a hemp bracelet" when I got home, and voila! A new hobby was born.

"A bracelet a day keeps the doctor away" is my new motto. I still love apples, but making these little beauties is really therapeutic and satisfying. I made a rose quartz bracelet yesterday, and I'm thinking about making another tonight before I go to bed. There's nothing like creating your own things. Who knows, maybe this can blossom into a small, lighthearted business.

I have a job interview at the campus bookstore tomorrow morning. I'm nervous just thinking about it. This'll be my first ever interview. I wasn't interviewed for my last job at Baldy View Gymnastics, because I knew everyone in charge personally for years. This time, not so much. Phew... It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute i love it. I hate pink but i would so wear that :)

    ReplyDelete