Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today was a good day. I had a nice sleep-in, went in to Moonrise Herbs for an organic salad and took advantage of my Sequoia Park Zoo annual pass. It's a small zoo, but a gem, and it was very worth my trouble finding it. I found a nice bench in front of the howling gibbons. I forgot the name of the brown male. I think Bono? Well, me and Bono had a nice munch on lettuce together. I used a fork, and he used his foot.
It was nice being able to wander the zoo at my own pace, observing what I wanted for how long I wanted. Besides the gibbons, I had a good look at some pretty spider monkeys, a spotted owl, a couple of ravens, a western blue bird, a sacred ibis, a bunch of friendly goats, flamingos, and THE RED PANDAS! Oh my god, I love those guys. Just look at them:
The first time I checked out their new habitat, they were hiding, so I was really excited this time to see one poking its head out of its hut and the other chewing on bamboo in plain view.
Soo on my way out of the zoo, I had a look around the gift shop and bought a much needed coffee mug that has one of the best, most comfortable handles ever. I'm drinking coffee out of it now and loving it.

Anyway, I've used up most of my blog writing energy for the day. Power to the animals! They make me happy. Really happy. I want to go back to the zoo again and again and befriend every species there.

1 comment:

  1. Awww i want to go to the Zoo right now. i am going to plan a trip. I have never heard of red pandas.

    ReplyDelete