Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Medley

I had the best three days with my parents, Winslow, Caitlin, Fiona (who is getting cuter by the day) and Rocco and the best evening and afternoon with Bridgit, Felix and Francis going on the Friends of the Dunes walk and combing the beach finding wild blackberries, crab shells, sand dollar fragments and beautifully tumbled, multicolored beach stones. *deep inhale... aaanddd exhale*
Family love is wonderful. I'm now equipped with a pretty wide array of cooking utensils and a cookbook, thanks to my mom. Can't wait to make hummus, portobello burgers, pesto, chocolate chip mint cookies and rigatoni al forno with roasted asparagus and onions amongst a whole bunch of other delicious things involving garlic. Pretentious? Maybe, maybe not.

*note to self: Go to Humboldt Herbals this Sunday for a free herbal tea brewing class and tea tasting at 5:15 pm. Seriously, don't be lazy. Go. Take advantage of every interesting free class you can find.*

So, I'm currently sipping some organic coffee and listening to Reece's gorgeous singing voice blasting through the speakers. And it's about time I head 'round my brothers to pick up those resumes he printed for me and then resume the job hunt. Finding a normal job isn't easy, since the only experience I have is teaching kids how to do gymnastics.

Stuff from a walk around Humbold State University and the Manila Dunes:

No comments:

Post a Comment