Monday, June 14, 2010

Paranormal

I have an aversion to "paranormal". Not the definition of the word at all, but the image it conjures in my mind's eye. Dusty Victorian ghosts with nothing better to do than to go bump in the night. That's what I think of. Creepy. It's time to look beyond that. I'm becoming more accustomed to paranormal things. The thought of something happening to me isn't so scary anymore. I guess all I needed was for something to actually happen. Like for something to repeatedly grip my head with the tips of its fingers in the middle of the night. This happened just a few nights ago. I was aware of it happening. I was lying there limp, groggy, letting it happen, because I thought it was Reece. But I turned over and found him to be deeply asleep. Why the hell am I not terrified? I always thought that something like this would make me so. I'm kind of excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment